Granola is my absolute guilty pleasure. Not that there’s anything strictly wrong with it – just perhaps four bowls at a time!
Anyway, since I spend most of my income on bags of fancy pants granola I decided to start playing around with my own recipe. I make various batches for my private clients at We Cook London, but I wanted an all-time favourite recipe that I could come back to again and again.
Without further ado, I give you my Once-A -Fortnight Healthy Granola – named because I can make one big batch on Sunday and it will keep fresh and crunchy and makes exactly enough for 2 weeks of eating!
I have it every morning with Greek Yogurt and homemade berry compote, and Mike has started pinching it now too!
You can switch out any ingredients you aren’t so keen on – nuts/seeds/dried fruits etc- just replace with equal parts of ingredients you do like!
- 250g Oats
- 100g Mixed Seeds
- 200g Nuts – I used, 50g Flaked Almonds, 50g Whole Almonds, 100g Pistachios.
- 100g Dried Figs
- 80g Maple Syrup/Honey
- 80g Melted Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Salt (don’t leave this out!)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine the dry ingredients altogether in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the coconut oil and syrup and then pour over the granola mix.
- Toss well for 1-2 minutes to make sure its all well combined.
- Pour onto a lined baking dish (I use a non-stick silicone mat).
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 35-40 minutes.
- NOTE: Please move the granola around in the baking dish half way through, otherwise you will get some burned bits on top and soggy bits on the bottom!
Give this a go, stock up your pantry and enjoy the smug satisfaction of a homemade bowl of granola in the morning.
This makes 750g which is about 15 servings (50g) – keep stored in an airtight container – a mason jar is ideal!
Let me know if you loved this recipe – Chef Jen, Miss FF x